Stress Test

February 22nd, 2011 § 6 comments

30+ Day Challenge – Part 21: Something That Stresses You Out

This is a really tough one for me.  I don’t tend to sweat stuff.

Good, bad, or otherwise, I do my best to take things in stride.

Stuff can make me mad.  Stuff can make me anxious.  But not much truly stresses me.

I equate things going wrong  to eating something bad: This, too, shall pass.

I guess if I had to say something stressed me, I guess it would have to be dealing with Granny’s poor health.  It requires me to be on my toes a lot, and makes me have to plan my time away from her very carefully.

But, it’s also something I know I can handle.

I think that’s a key to not being stressed.  Knowing you can handle it.  Believing there is always a way.

Even if you don’t know what that way is.

You just have to believe.

§ 6 Responses to Stress Test"

• A. Lewis says:

Yes sir, and that’s why I like you. Your attitude. It speaks volumes and will carry you through life perfectly.

Thank you so much for the birthday voice mail!

• Damien Oz says:

I admire you Sir.

• Lokis-Log says:

I admire your ability to handle stress in this simple and straightforward way. Something to aspire to. That quiet, reflective calmness is a turn on to so many. I’m envious.

Having a plan is impportant. I thought that was a big part of why the Asian fellow was helping you with Granny. But your feeling the need to plan without letting it be stresssful is admirable. Keep it up.

I join the others in expressing my admiration for how you manage life’s challenges, especially Granny’s recent health problems.

Have you always functioned this way?

It’s a skill I have definitely not mastered (except for a few notable responses to tainted grub, which I passed with flying colors. And other flying nastiness.)

Nice philosophy.

You are currently reading Stress Test at West of Mayberry.