Wish Well

February 23rd, 2011 § 8 comments

30+ Day Challenge – Part 22: Three Wishes

If a genie came to me and offered only three wishes, I would use one for Granny, one for The Attorney, and one for myself.

For Granny I would wish that she could spend the rest of her days in good enough health to enjoy the time and know what she is experiencing.  I wouldn’t wish for her to live indefinitely or anything like that because she has already outlived most of her friends and all her children.  And I can’t imagine there is a lot of joy in that.

For The Attorney I would wish that he would be relieved of some of the obstacles he is facing in his work.  He is a good man, trying to do the right things, but unfortunately that is not always the popular viewpoint.

For myself, I would lighten the genie’s burden and go for something superficial.  I would wish for a meaty chest. Just enough to fill out a tight t-shirt.

§ 8 Responses to Wish Well"

• Kevin M says:

You already fill out your pants, tight or not. Don’t get too greedy. :)

• Jim T says:

I like your thoughts for your Granny; I know that last year with my Granny I just wished she could get up and around in her garden and feed her chickens herself because that simple life made her so happy.

Well and I would have wished I could have helped her make one last fluffy coconut cake so we could enjoy it together.

• Mike in Asheville says:

You are so sweet … in the very best way. Cheers.

• john says:

With the package you have… who needs a meaty chest :-)

• James says:

I’ve always thought Happiness, Harmony and Wisdom would be three good wishes. But I would also wish for my mother to be better (Alzheimers), my family to be happy, but now I want equality for for all.

• Lokis-Log says:

And this is why people read your posts so faithfully.

• A. Lewis says:

I already have the meaty chest. Well, probably not so much meaty as slightly enlarged. IF IF IF I wear an extra tight, extra small t-shirt that makes my chest APPEAR to be meaty. You ought to try it.

• jeff says:

What if the choice was meaty dick or meaty chest? One not both. hhhmmmmm!!!

You are currently reading Wish Well at West of Mayberry.