Sweet Kisses

November 26th, 2011 § 14 comments

30+ Day Challenge, Part 36 – Something You Ate Today

Hershey’s Kisses.

Or Hershey Kisses, without the apostrophe-s, as I called them as a kid.

I have a big bag of them.

I know there’s a lot of fancier and finer chocolate than Hershey’s.

It’s a little bit bitter and a little bit waxy.

But it’s a whole lot of good.

Plus those fancy ones don’t come in kisses.

I love kisses.

Chocolate or otherwise.

Hershey’s Kisses always been a big part of my life.

Especially on Christmas or my birthday.

I would always get a bag from Granny as a gift.

Silver foil on my birthday.  Red and green on Christmas.

After having dinner with his mother on Thanksgiving, the Attorney showed up at our house with a pumpkin pie.

I don’t like pumpkin pie.1

“I know you don’t like pumpkin pie,” he said, before I could comment. “But Granny does.”

It was sweet of him to think of her.

But, he thought of me, too.

By bringing me kisses.

Chocolate and otherwise.

1. In fact, there are only 2-3 kinds of pies I like.  I’m much more a cake and cookie man. []

§ 14 Responses to Sweet Kisses"

• Damien Oz says:

*sigh* I heart this post….

Hopefully the “otherwise” ones weren’t waxy and/or bitter

• BosGuy says:

On this one, I’m with Granny. Pumpkin pie is delicious (or should I say delish in deference to your post Abbreeved).

• BosGuy says:

Upon deeper reflection, kisses from the attorney are probably fairly tempting too.

• bob m says:

I suspect you are a traditionalist when it comes to the Hershey kisses, not those fancy new kinds and flavors with nuts and fillings in them.

I hope you do combine your love of cookies and kisses (the Hershey kind) in those wonderful peanut butter cookies with the Hershey kiss on top.

• Joe says:

Lovely post.

sweet post!

I’m not a big chocolate fan. Kisses are good. Snickers too. And M&M’s.

I’d take french fries over chocolate any day. Even pretzels with Pepsi.

But I do like a snickers bar now that I’m thinking of it. The fun sized.

• Birdie says:

Many moms are hard to buy for, but my kids know to give me kisses™ for Christmas. Can’t go wrong with Hershey’s. And since I got them in my stocking every year as a child, they are an integral part of Christmas. Everyone needs—and gets—a kiss on Christmas morning. Chocolate and otherwise.

• Steve says:

This is like a haiku..
    a poem – a sweet poem

I like it.. no
    I love it

I still say Hershey Kisses.

• Frank says:

Love Hershey Kisses, but for a treat, try a Perugina “Bacio” or “Baci”" (Italian for Kiss/Kisses), with a hazelnut inside.

• royster says:

i TOO do not care for pumpkin pie. There is a girl at work who makes pumpkin trifle which is not bad. As to Hershey’s, this year i got bags of the various kinds (including dark chocolate, my favorite) and mixed them up so you never knew what kind you were getting. Then i put them in clear vases of various sizes and heights…it was my simple coffee table edible decorations nod. Wish you and Granny and the At-Tony could visit and sample them.

• royster says:

PS thanx for the new (to me) option of “notify me of new posts”….very useful for Tony-holix like me.

You are currently reading Sweet Kisses at West of Mayberry.